Please note, enrolment as a student with us does NOT register you with the ACCA. All students who wish to sit ACCA examinations must register with the ACCA as a professional exam student separately.
Exams take place twice a year – in December and June. You can register for computer or paper-based exams at any ACCA worldwide centre.
Your entry route to the ACCA programme depends on your current level of education
The entry qualification for ACCA can be found on their websites –
CIMA qualification is open to everyone 18 and older with proficiency in mathematics and English language. Your entry route, however, will differ according to the qualifications you already have.
If you have no formal education in business or finance, you should start by studying the Certificate in Business Accounting. This provides a solid grounding in the fundamentals of management accounting, and may serve you either as a certificate on its own or as a first step for reaching your CIMA qulification.
If you hold a relevant undergraduate, postgraduate or professional qualification, you may be eligible for exemptions from some CIMA papers. Please view exemptions on the CIMA official website in this case.
It is your responsibility to prove to CIMA that their entry/ exemption requirements are met, and to register for the CIMA examinations directly.
The entry qualification for CIMA can be found on their websites –
Entry qualifications of Chartered Financial Analyst can be found on their website at www.cfainstitute.org.
Higher Diploma and Undergraduate Qualification
Higher Diploma and Undergraduate Programmes
- SSSCE or WASSECE or SSSCE
- GCE O/L + A/Ls
- RSA or Ghana Commercial Exams O/L and A/L
- Diploma in Business Studies (DBS)
- NVTI, City & Guilds
- ABE Diploma
- Teacher Education Certificate
- School Certificate for Various African Countries
Academic entry requirements:
- Undergraduate BA or BSc degree with a 2.85 GPA or equivalent (any subject) or
- ACCA: Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business; incorporating papers F1 to F9 plus the ACCA Professional Ethics module or
- CIMA: Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting; incorporating the Certificate, Operational as well as Management level
English language requirements:
- IELTS - 6.0 or equivalent or
- TOEFL - 60 (internet-based) or
- PTE - 61 or equivalent
- Bachelor’s completed in English
List of documents required on registration:
- Completed application form
- Authentic copies of your qualifications, certificates and complete transcripts for all years of studies
- A copy of your passport
- An English copy of your CV/résumé
- A scanned copy of a recent passport sized color photograph
- Proof of English proficiency (see above)
- Student’s full name
- Details about the candidate’s personal qualities
- The name, signature and position of the referee
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, stamped and dated (no older than six months)